How many times have you said it's time to compare low-cost insurance rates in Santa Fe, NM? Santa Fe shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced car insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and we'll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a and get the lowest price.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to save money and still get good coverage. We hope to instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and how to save the most money. Vehicle owners just need to use the tricks to compare rate quotes online.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details such as if you're married, your general credit rating, which vehicles you own, and your job. That rating information is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Santa Fe.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in New Mexico. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,058||$529||$88|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$750||$375||$63|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$954||$477||$80|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$796||$398||$66|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$952||$476||$79|
|Ford Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$834||$417||$70|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$916||$458||$76|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$826||$413||$69|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$896||$448||$75|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$722||$361||$60|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$978||$489||$82|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$668||$334||$56|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,000||$500||$83|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,364||$682||$114|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in Santa Fe location which can change prices greatly.
Should you raise deductibles?
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Hyundai Sonata premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Santa Fe insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of insurance prices for male and female drivers in Santa Fe. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied on a Kia Optima SX.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Score discounts on Santa Fe insurance
Some providers do not advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Santa Fe car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Santa Fe car insurance quote when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Santa Fe car insurance quote.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
Companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, and renewal discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, air bags, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, and driver training.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, drive less, anti-theft, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered everywhere. For a list of companies that offer discounts in New Mexico, click here to view.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in New Mexico is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Santa Fe, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. You are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Santa Fe auto insurance agents?
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. There is no reason to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Santa Fe should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Once you have good answers to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy.