Would you like to stop wasting money and find more affordable Jeep Wrangler insurance in Albuquerque? If you are new to online price comparisons, it's easy to get overwhelmed due to the large number local agents and online companies all promising to save you money.
It's hard to fathom, but nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. With the average premium in New Mexico being $1,244, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how much money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Comparing Jeep Wrangler insurance rates online is pretty painless as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the company's rating system automatically retrieves your driving record and credit report and returns a price based on these and other factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Jeep Wrangler insurance in Albuquerque simplifies rate comparisons, and it's very important to perform this step if you want to get cheaper prices.
To use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Albuquerque, NM. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$152||$224||$364||$22||$108||$870||$73|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$160||$200||$414||$24||$124||$922||$77|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$152||$286||$364||$22||$108||$932||$78|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$238||$306||$524||$30||$156||$1,254||$105|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$252||$378||$332||$20||$100||$1,082||$90|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$192||$224||$378||$22||$114||$930||$78|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$132||$166||$456||$26||$136||$916||$76|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$272||$474||$390||$24||$116||$1,276||$106|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$316||$412||$528||$32||$158||$1,446||$121|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$270||$404||$456||$26||$136||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premium rates considerably.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Jeep Wrangler insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some providers do not advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current Wrangler insurance policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Good Student - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Albuquerque auto insurance quote.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, safe vehicle, student away at school, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Allstate offers discounts for good student, 55 and retired, anti-theft, multi-policy, and auto/life discount.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, family plan, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, business or organization, and easy pay.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, accident-free
If you need lower rates, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to leave your computer because prices are sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Albuquerque?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
When searching for a local insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Albuquerque are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Albuquerque willing to provide price quotes.
- Mike Volk - State Farm Insurance Agent
3716 Central Ave SE - Albuquerque, NM 87108 - (505) 232-2886 - View Map
- Cindy Maxwell - State Farm Insurance Agent
8244 Menaul Blvd NE - Albuquerque, NM 87110 - (505) 883-9000 - View Map
- Edward Dunn - State Farm Insurance Agent
3750 Juan Tabo Blvd NE Ste E - Albuquerque, NM 87111 - (505) 332-8050 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most also have access to companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
Shown below are Albuquerque independent insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Cress Insurance
6101 Moon St NE #1000 - Albuquerque, NM 87111 - (505) 822-8114 - View Map
- J. B. Martin Insurance Agency
8500 Menaul Blvd NE #345 - Albuquerque, NM 87112 - (505) 888-8846 - View Map
- Webster Insurance Agency Inc
1201 Eubank Blvd Suite 3 - Albuquerque, NM 87112 - (505) 294-1497 - View Map
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Always remember that when buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What policy terms are available?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though Albuquerque Wrangler insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Wrangler has a lienholder, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jeep for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your Jeep and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, legal defense fees, court costs and repair bills for other people's vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. New Mexico requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, rock chips in glass and a broken windshield. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like pain medications, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Wrangler from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Wrangler in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Wrangler.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (New Mexico limits are 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
As you prepare to switch companies, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Jeep Wrangler insurance in Albuquerque. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Albuquerque auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in New Mexico can be read at these links:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Mexico Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Mexico Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Silver City, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)