Comparing Las Cruces auto insurance quotes online is challenging if you've never received quote comparisons online. But don't just give up because finding better prices for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Las Cruces is easier than you think.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in New Mexico can save almost 40% each year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
Choosing the best rates in Las Cruces seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, New Mexico vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
How to get Las Cruces Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance price quotes
When shopping for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Las Cruces there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from many available insurance companies in New Mexico. The easiest way by far to find the lowest Jeep Grand Cherokee rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now. Not every company allows you to get rate quotes online, so it's necessary to compare price estimates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in New Mexico. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$230||$338||$422||$24||$126||$1,140||$95|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$226||$386||$332||$20||$100||$1,064||$89|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$150||$304||$364||$22||$108||$948||$79|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$270||$558||$418||$24||$126||$1,396||$116|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$134||$258||$302||$18||$90||$802||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Las Cruces garaging location which can impact insurance rates substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can affect Jeep Grand Cherokee annual premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The illustration below shows the difference between Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Why you need quality insurance for your Jeep vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Jeep Grand Cherokee but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Jeep gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower rates.
The list below includes just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you've never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates for prior coverage - Driving any period of time without insurance is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Single drivers take more risk - Having a significant other may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. It means you're more responsible and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Better prices for being claim-free - If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies in New Mexico provide most affordable rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Infrequent drivers can save - The higher the miles on your Jeep each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. A policy that improperly rates your Grand Cherokee may be wasting your money. Verify your auto insurance coverage reflects annual mileage.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance loss data - Insurance companies use historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have increased rates.
The next table shows the loss history for Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jeep Grand Cherokee Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 2WD 81 111 71 62 60 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4WD 91 112 98 67 63 89
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Las Cruces
Some insurance providers do not advertise every available discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details both the well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a house in Las Cruces can get you a discount because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Full Payment Discount - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
It's important to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Some companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts are:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your state. To locate providers that offer some of these discounts in Las Cruces, click here to view.
When to get professional advice
Always remember that when buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Car insurance agents near you
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Las Cruces auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Las Cruces should know the answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Las Cruces?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Is an exclusive or independent car insurance agent right for you?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good Las Cruces insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive agencies in Las Cruces willing to provide rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - David Patterson
1485 N Main St a - Las Cruces, NM 88001 - (575) 525-0540 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Scott Yurcic
1960 N Solano Dr - Las Cruces, NM 88001 - (575) 522-3000 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Gregg Martin
250 W Amador Ave #101 - Las Cruces, NM 88005 - (575) 525-3107 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Las Cruces that are able to give rate quotes.
- Rio Grande Insurance Svc
1675 E Lohman Ave #1 - Las Cruces, NM 88001 - (575) 524-1677 - View Map
- Fred Loya Insurance
2507 N Main St - Las Cruces, NM 88005 - (575) 527-0300 - View Map
- Ed Helsel Insurance
2211 N Main St #4 - Las Cruces, NM 88001 - (575) 523-2505 - View Map
Cheap car insurance premiums are possible
You just read some good ideas how to shop for Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with the least-expected company.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Budget-conscious Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. A few companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
More detailed car insurance information is available at these sites:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Carlsbad, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Safe Drivers in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Chaparral, NM? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Farmington, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Deming, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Mexico Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- How Much are New Mexico Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)