Are you drained from sacrificing to insure your Nissan every month? Your situation is no different than the majority of other consumers in New Mexico.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves nearly 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes. Companies like GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should take the time to price shop coverage yearly because insurance rates are constantly changing. If you had the best rate on Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Cruces a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Rogue insurance on the internet, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to save money.
All major insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Getting Nissan Rogue insurance prices online doesn't take much effort as you simply enter your coverage information into the form. After you submit the form their system collects reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote determined by many factors. Being able to quote online for Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Cruces makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find cheap prices.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended that you enter your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will receive a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Las Cruces, NM. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$150||$258||$372||$22||$112||$914||$76|
|Rogue S AWD||$184||$312||$376||$22||$112||$1,006||$84|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$214||$432||$412||$24||$124||$1,206||$101|
|Rogue SL AWD||$176||$310||$476||$28||$142||$1,132||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Nissan Rogue insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Discounts for cheaper insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Las Cruces car insurance online.
- No Accidents - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Paperwork-free - Some larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive lower premium rates.
- Good Student Discount - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Anti-theft System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Rogue insurance in Las Cruces.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Las Cruces Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Las Cruces may trigger a policy discount on insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
It's a good idea to ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Las Cruces. To see a list of companies with discount rates in Las Cruces, click here.
What if I want to buy from local Las Cruces insurance agents?
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Insurance agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Las Cruces.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Las Cruces who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Listed below is a short list of car insurance companies in Las Cruces that may be willing to give rate quotes for Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Cruces.
Farm Bureau Insurance
600 S Valley Dr - Las Cruces, NM 88005 - (575) 525-8643 - View Map
Mike Apodaca - State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 S Main St #101 - Las Cruces, NM 88005 - (575) 526-2409 - View Map
Picking an insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Las Cruces?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Nissan Rogue Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings.
Keep claims to a minimum - If you file claims often, you shouldn't be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in New Mexico award the lowest premiums to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
With age comes responsibility - More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.Drivers with little experience are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
How much liability protection do you need? - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Do you save by driving less? - Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge rates based on their usage. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. Verify your car insurance policy states how each vehicle is driven. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Rogue can cost quite a bit.
Insurance loss probability for a Nissan Rogue - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium rates. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Rogue vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan Rogue Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 2WD||94||91||77||116||108||93|
|Nissan Rogue 4dr 4WD||94||92||79||117||106||87|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 2WD||100||119||69||165||169||115|
|Nissan Rogue Select 4dr 4WD||107||136||69||154||159||132|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Nissan Rogue but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare Nissan Rogue insurance car insurance rates in Las Cruces. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Las Cruces car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper Nissan Rogue insurance in Las Cruces can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Las Cruces, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap New Mexico Car Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Lyft Drivers in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Artesia, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Gallup, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap New Mexico Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)