Searching for budget-priced Las Cruces Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes might seem overwhelming for consumers not familiar with online price comparisons. With more and more online companies, how can anyone have the ability to compare each option to find lower car insurance premiums?
Shocking but true, the vast majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including your job, how many miles driven, deductibles desired, and whether or not you need a SR-22. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To compare cheap Hyundai Elantra insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Las Cruces.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Las Cruces, NM. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$186||$338||$288||$18||$86||$916||$76|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$196||$490||$434||$26||$130||$1,276||$106|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$264||$310||$18||$92||$804||$67|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$140||$286||$332||$20||$100||$878||$73|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$272||$576||$332||$20||$100||$1,300||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Las Cruces which can affect coverage prices substantially.
Where to set your deductibles
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender
The chart below compares Hyundai Elantra premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Elantra, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Las Cruces is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Do drivers who switch really save $450 a year?
State Farm and Allstate regularly use television, radio, and online ads. All the companies have a common claim of big savings after switching your coverage. But how can every company cost less than your current company? This is how they do it.
Companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk might be a married male, has no driving citations, and does not commute to work. Any customer that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Las Cruces and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Drivers who may not quite match the "perfect" profile will get a higher premium which results in business going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "people who switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much when switching. That is how companies can claim big savings. Different companies use different criteria so it's extremely important to compare many company's car insurance rates. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will provide the lowest Hyundai Elantra insurance in Las Cruces.
Earn discounts on Las Cruces auto insurance
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
- Resident Student - Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Discount - Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Hyundai Elantra insurance in Las Cruces.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good student, multiple policy, multiple autos, driver's education, and passive restraint.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, newly married, multi-policy, newly retired, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, good driver, good student, mySafetyValet, early bird, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, homeowner, distant student, good student, multi-car, switch companies, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, company car, multi-policy, safe vehicle, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, multi-car, safe driver, homeowner, drive less, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
Before buying, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you many ideas to shop for Hyundai Elantra insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
More affordable auto insurance in Las Cruces is possible online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More detailed auto insurance information is available by following these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50 in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest New Mexico Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Artesia, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Deming, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Lovington, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)