Want to learn a better way to compare lower-priced Jeep Wrangler insurance in Las Cruces? Wish you could get a refund on overpriced Jeep Wrangler insurance in Las Cruces? It's a common feeling and there are many Las Cruces consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most New Mexico auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Drivers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to go online and compare rates. Numerous insurers battle to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the best price available on Jeep Wrangler insurance in Las Cruces.
If you have a policy now or just want to save money, you can use this information to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Las Cruces is easy if you know what you're doing. Smart buyers just need to learn the proper methods to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Las Cruces, NM. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$134||$170||$322||$20||$96||$742||$62|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$152||$214||$422||$26||$126||$940||$78|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$216||$344||$322||$20||$96||$998||$83|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$132||$166||$422||$26||$126||$872||$73|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$184||$256||$332||$20||$100||$892||$74|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$214||$264||$422||$26||$126||$1,052||$88|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$150||$196||$488||$28||$146||$1,008||$84|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$198||$320||$390||$24||$116||$1,048||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$174||$286||$456||$26||$136||$1,078||$90|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$208||$256||$414||$24||$124||$1,026||$86|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify rates substantially.
Jeep Wrangler annual premiums for males versus females
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Jeep Wrangler car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
How accidents and violations affect rates in Las Cruces
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents drive up Jeep Wrangler auto insurance rates for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The chart below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can impact Jeep Wrangler insurance rates for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you don't get every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Online Discount - Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application over the internet.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Successfully completing a driver safety course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
The best insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good student, multiple autos, driver's education, and student away at school.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for early bird, automatic seat belts, teen driver, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- American Family offers premium reductions for bundled insurance, good driver, good student, early bird, defensive driver, and air bags.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, air bag, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Las Cruces. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best Jeep Wrangler insurance discounts in Las Cruces, follow this link.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Las Cruces Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
- Pleasure use saves money - The higher the miles on your Jeep every year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data. Incorrect rating for your Wrangler is throwing money out the window.
- Battle of the sexes - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don't assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Pay more by driving carelessly - Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Having just one moving violation can bump up the cost to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with careless violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Your career may increase premiums - Occupations like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as scientists, students and homemakers pay the least.
- High deductibles lower rates - The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- Extra policy coverages push up costs - There are a ton of additional coverages that may not really be needed on your Wrangler policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Less chance of injury means lower prices - Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can result in lower premiums. If the Jeep Wrangler has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Big cities mean more claims - Being located in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Jeep Wrangler insurance loss probability - Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage. The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Jeep Wrangler vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different car insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Jeep Wrangler is totaled?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Jeep Wrangler?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Don't listen to company ads
New Mexico consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the best rates from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all seem to advertise claims about how much you will save if you just switch to them.
How is it plausible that every one can lower your rates? This is how they do it.
Companies give the cheapest rates for the type of insured that is profitable for them. One example of a profitable risk profile might have to be a married male, carries full coverage, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria will most likely get cheap premium rates and will also save money with a new company.
Potential customers who do not meet these stringent criteria will probably be forced to pay higher prices and this results in business not being written. The trick is to say "people that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's why insurance companies can make those claims.
This really emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare quotes as often as possible. It's not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have better rates than you're paying now.
Get the best coverage at the best price
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Jeep Wrangler insurance rates in Las Cruces. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are New Mexico Car Insurance Rates for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)