Are you sick of overpaying and want more affordable car insurance rates in Alamogordo, NM? Trying to find low cost car insurance can seem to be slightly frustrating for beginners to buying insurance online. With so many insurers to choose from, it can be more work than you anticipated to compare rates on car insurance.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Many consumers in Alamogordo could save an average of as much as $470 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to do a rate comparison.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage before your next renewal since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on car insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Most larger insurance companies give prices for coverage on the web. The process can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the quote system sends out for your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors.
Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the cheapest price on car insurance.
To compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate deductibles and limits just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in New Mexico. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$884||$442||$74|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,144||$572||$95|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$916||$458||$76|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$720||$360||$60|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$868||$434||$72|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,140||$570||$95|
|Toyota Camry LE||$948||$474||$79|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$878||$439||$73|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents drive up Ford Focus car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Alamogordo insurance costs by age and gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of insurance rates for male and female drivers in Alamogordo. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied on a Chevrolet Tahoe LS.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Check for these discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Sign Online - Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Save with a New Car - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course - Completing a course in defensive driver could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, anti-theft, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, multi-policy, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including anti-theft, daytime running lights, driver training, good student, multi-vehicle, military active duty, and multi-policy.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good student, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts for early bird, driver training, 55 and older, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, defensive driver, good student, driver training, anti-theft, and air bag.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Alamogordo auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts may not apply in Alamogordo.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in New Mexico overpays more than $800 each year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.