Are you tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than most other consumers in New Mexico.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in New Mexico could save almost 40% a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. There are many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find the best rates for your vehicles.
You need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Chevy Cruze insurance in Albuquerque a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There are lots of tips to save on Cruze insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Albuquerque.
Locating the best rates in Albuquerque is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a policy now or just want to save money, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Drivers just need to use the proper way to quote multiple rates using one simple form.
Verify you're earning every discount
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before being credited. If you don't get every credit possible, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking part in a defensive driving class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you have no claims before the accident.
- E-sign - Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low annual miles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Bundle and Save - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Drivers should understand that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
To find providers that offer many of these discounts in Albuquerque, click here to view.
Low cost Chevy Cruze insurance prices in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Finding a better price on car insurance is a great way to save money. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing rates online from several insurance companies.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Chevy Cruze insurance rates online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional guidance that only an agent can give. It is possible with some companies get prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free quotes in New Mexico. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Local Albuquerque auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Albuquerque car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In New Mexico these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Cruze has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Specific coverages for a Chevy Cruze
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chevy Cruze.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Insurance for medical payments - Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability - This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. New Mexico requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/10 but it's recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
Collision - This will pay to fix damage to your Cruze from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Cruze to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
As you quote Albuquerque car insurance, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered many ways to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Carlsbad, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Mexico Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Mexico Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Roswell, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Anthony, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)