Locating cheaper insurance for a Ford Escape in New Mexico can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages on a Ford and get the lowest possible price.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. New Mexico drivers could save about $470 each year, but they just don't want to compare rate quotes.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper rates, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Comparison shopping for the lowest-priced auto insurance in Las Cruces is not as difficult as people think. Shoppers just need to know the least time-consuming way to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Best companies for Ford Escape insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in New Mexico. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$168||$286||$258||$16||$78||$806||$67|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$104||$184||$262||$16||$78||$644||$54|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$186||$338||$310||$18||$92||$944||$79|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$316||$412||$358||$22||$108||$1,216||$101|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$132||$212||$288||$18||$86||$736||$61|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$202||$338||$274||$16||$82||$912||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and New Mexico minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can change coverage prices considerably.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Escape insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance policy discounts for Ford Escape insurance in Las Cruces
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Select insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out life insurance.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring several vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Escape can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Paper-free Discount - Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application digitally online.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Insurance companies that may include most of these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. To see a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in New Mexico, click here to view.
Local neighborhood agents and car insurance
Many people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Las Cruces who will give you quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Las Cruces will have answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Las Cruces?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When narrowing the list to find a local Las Cruces insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Las Cruces can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
These agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Cruces that are able to give price quote information.
- Richard Griego - State Farm Insurance Agent
1880 E Lohman Ave d - Las Cruces, NM 88001 - (575) 523-2451 - View Map
- Dan Garcia - State Farm
2801 Missouri Ave #35 - Las Cruces, NM 88011 - (575) 522-7800 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance Agent: Joe Carabajal
1021 E Amador Ave G - Las Cruces, NM 88001 - (575) 382-4423 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to include price quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Las Cruces independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- McGonigle Insurance, Inc.
156 Wyatt Drive, Suites 5 to 8 - Las Cruces, NM 88005 - (575) 523-1100 - View Map
- Insurance Specialists
2545 N Main St - Las Cruces, NM 88001 - (575) 526-4817 - View Map
- Bernal Insurance Group
1591 E Lohman Ave Ste 2 - Las Cruces, NM 88001 - (575) 525-2886 - View Map
Cheap auto insurance rates are out there
As you quote Las Cruces car insurance, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Ford Escape insurance in Las Cruces. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Ford Escape rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheaper auto insurance in Las Cruces is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Active Military in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Portales, New Mexico? (FAQ)
- How Much is New Mexico Auto Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable New Mexico Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in New Mexico? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)